Author Phillip Island MotoGP circuit track day event  (Read 247 times)

• Online Traph   au

• ZH2 Pro  ‐    335
    • Topic Author

Online Traph

• ZH2 Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Z250, Z1, Z900, ZH2
    • Town / City: Melbourne
    Phillip Island MotoGP circuit track day event
    on: November 12, 2022, 04:28:57 am
    November 12, 2022, 04:28:57 am
    We had a track day event on 10/11/2022 and the weather screwed up at the end of the day missing out on our 5th and 6th sessions due to rain. The start of the day was brilliant and as this was my second attempt at this track I found I was a little better that my first attempt. I purchased a lap timer and as the sessions progressed so did my times fell starting at 2:22 best of first session to 2:12 best in the last session. I could have definitely done better if not for the scare tactics of the pegs as I reached 54 deg lean the pegs starting pushing up on my feet and while I wanted to get out of the seat a little more I got a little bit weary of balance, but hey practice makes perfect right?

I have uploaded the 4 sessions onto youtube if anyone is interested, be wary though a couple of hairy moments in the first session as I attempted to dodge a few bikes not have realized they had slowed down so much down the straight but that's my BAD LOL...feel free to subscribe or comment good or bad I'm not fussed  :002: ...

Session 1

Session 2

Session 3

Session 4

• Offline Garron   au

• ZH2 Pro  ‐    260

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Pro
    • Bike: Z H2
    • Town / City: Victoria
    Re: Phillip Island MotoGP circuit track day event
    Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 09:36:58 am
    November 13, 2022, 09:36:58 am
    Hey Tony, looks like you had a cracking day. A few hairy moments in the 1st session.  :005:

How come you were in ‘road’ mode and not sport mode? Was that because you were getting wheel spin?

• Online Traph   au

• ZH2 Pro  ‐    335
    • Topic Author

Online Traph

• ZH2 Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Z250, Z1, Z900, ZH2
    • Town / City: Melbourne
    Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 11:25:49 am
    November 13, 2022, 11:25:49 am
    Hey mate, no I wasnt getting wheel spin but I know in sports mode I would and it does behave much more agressively although the power is still 100%...It seems the ECU response is somewhat considerably delayed...when I first bought it I had in sports and every now n then she d lift off the lights not somethin Im interested in on the road but for the track I will give a whirl next time...also gotta work on my times somethin Im keen to get down below 2 mins to start with...

Believe it when I say Im yet to do full throttle, I think my throttle hand position is about 90% and Im yet to to go full throttle but I will next round at the track...

• Online Snakes709   ca

• ZH2 Member  ‐    25

Online Snakes709

• ZH2 Member
    • Bike: 2022 zh2
    • Town / City: Edmonton
    Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 04:44:32 am
    November 20, 2022, 04:44:32 am
    looks like a fun track with alot of speed. I took my wifes zh2 onto the track and was having a hell of a time with the suspension, even after getting it set up it was still to soft.