Author Topic: The bike you have owned but reset selling...  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Daisy

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: waurn ponds
The bike you have owned but reset selling...
on: July 08, 2020, 09:24:58 AM
Trying to start a general conversation about bikes. Tell us your story...
So what is the bike you have owned but regret selling???

Mine was a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade. Was my first litre bike. Taught me how to ride fast. Was unforgiving at times. That undertail exhaust was sexy as... It made me a better rider. It taught me with every action there is a reaction or repercussion..
Worst thing I did was upgrade and get a bike with more tech. It makes the riding experience safer but takes the human element out of it....

That's the reason why I still own a HD Vrod muscle. I love riding it just to switch off and enjoy the ride...Just you and the road. Not necessarily worrying about braking and the next corner apex...

My other love was a 2017 BMW S1000rr race. A phenomenal bike. Way too much bike for the street. Saved my life one more than one occasion due to pushing to hard.... Would own another one in a heartbeat or maybe a 2020 S1000rr....
I like the Z super comfy, can put big kms on it in a day, super torquey, a great all rounder, I actually like the looks of it, sounds amazing..... A bit more time and it could top the favourite table.... Time will tell..

Offline Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Re: The bike you have owned but reset selling...
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 12:21:41 AM
2017 cbr1000rr matte black. Bought it brand new in 2019 for 10,900. Great looking bike, very easy to ride fast. 2 months later traded it in for a panigale v4. Love the Ducati but really miss that honda

Offline Daisy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 12:40:18 AM
I am back on the hunt for another Supersport. I have done a bit of research in the new Panigale V4. Can you give me some insight into your opinion of the bike? From all reviews they are great on the track but what are they like in real world conditions on the street?

I have been trying to decide between the V4 or the 1299 S. Just trying to find the right deal...

Offline Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 01:02:53 AM
I love the bike. Looks incredible, lots of power, handles great but very stiff. Worse thing about the bike is that it puts out a lot of heat on to the riders legs. One of the things I love about the bike is the way it sounds. Not just the exhaust but the engine. It clatters and clanks . I have had people ask me if it's ok. And the bike vibrates too which I also love. This is the only Ducati I have ever ridden so I can't compare it to the 1299.

Offline Daisy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 01:26:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback I have owned a Diavel in the past. That thing gave me shivers every time i fired it up. the noise, vibrations the whole experience. Im looking for another bike that makes me feel that way....
The Z H2 is a great bike but just doesnt give me the same feeling.. Can see a Panigale in my garage very soon.

Offline donkeyrider

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Central
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 10:23:21 AM
The one I regret selling is a ZRX1100. Should have kept that one.

The other regret was an Aprilia Tuono. Unfortuantely it was stolen.

Having the Z H2 more than makes up for it.

Offline ZMAX

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2021 zh2
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 06:06:07 AM
Well a bike I didnít sell but, did lose to a kid pulling out in front of me in his civic was my 2009 Yamaha gen2 vmax. It was my favorite bike of all time. Wanted to get another one but, 2020 was the last year for it. I hope my 2021 zh2 will help me get through my loss😎

Offline Vodkashot

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Sydney
Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 10:38:09 AM
2015 MV dragster.

Most intuitive feeling bike I've ever owned or rode.

Offline OlderRider

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: MONETA
Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 12:05:38 AM
2016 Ninja 1000, I traded it in on a 2017 Africa twin but came to miss the sound and feel of the inline 4 cylinder engine. So I solved it by upgrading to the Z H2, and I have only ridden it 75 miles so far but I am just so in love with this motorcycle. It is the perfect way to get back into a liter bike with even more to love!

chaos