Author Topic: Installed DNA Preformance Air filer  (Read 8242 times)

Offline Turbopaul

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: ZH2, Hayabusa Turbo
  • Town / City: Augsburg
Re: Installed DNA Preformance Air filer
Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 08:16:05 AM
The blow off sound is louder and bike feels better and stronger! --------------- That is what I need ...............
2020 ZH2 Turborider Barends & Spools, Bodis exhaust, Boost + oil Temp. Meter, Open BOV...

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z-H2 2020
  • Town / City: Kiryat Ono
Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 10:26:38 AM
OK so dyno done! MORE HP GAIN! ALL OVER THE CURVE
Here is dyno runs
Stock Dyno run 0
Decat full exhaust  dyno run 3
Decat full exhaust+DNA air filter dyno run 6

Now just need ECU FLASH Remap and I'm done :) wait for it!!
Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 10:27:58 AM by yav92

Online AlexItaly

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: teramo
Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 12:26:05 PM
Well done! Figures look very realistic, from the stock to the complete system. The ECU flash can give insane gain and real benefits...I'm dreaming of it!

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: JAX
Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 01:07:56 PM
Yeah, the bumped it up even or the H2 SX which was already WAY higher than the H2/H2R. Not to mention the H2/H2R are using about 20.5 PSI for boost.

Z H2 - 11.8:1
HZ SX -11.2:1
H2/H2R - 8.5:1

I think that at the end of the day, we are very constrained by the high compression ratio how hard we can push this. I have greater concerns after reading the Cycle World first ride where they were seeing intake temps of 239F on a pretty cool 60F day when pushing it hard. If the plenum is disappating heat like they claim, I don't think it is doing a great job. Maybe it is a case of something is better than nothing.

If I were to really tune this bike, first thing I'd want to do is an intercooler and lower the compression. It is seriously constrained by thermal loading and risk of detonation if you push it beyond stock. Look at what they did on the H2/H2R to see what you need to do if you want reliable power across all types of environments.

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 02:07:01 PM
Thanks for posting the dyno results. Nice to see some improvements. Of course everyone is waiting for a flash to really transform the bike.

Was it really still pulling all the way to 12,000 rpm? Looks like it is maintaining that power all the way until the very end.
Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:09:13 PM by Wavshrdr

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 10:22:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Wavshrdr [+]
Thanks for posting the dyno results. Nice to see some improvements. Of course everyone is waiting for a flash to really transform the bike.

Was it really still pulling all the way to 12,000 rpm? Looks like it is maintaining that power all the way until the very end.

You see (and feel) after 9000 rpm ETV throttle is shutting off..

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 10:28:42 PM
Yeah, the bumped it up even or the H2 SX which was already WAY higher than the H2/H2R. Not to mention the H2/H2R are using about 20.5 PSI for boost.

Z H2 - 11.8:1
HZ SX -11.2:1
H2/H2R - 8.5:1

I think that at the end of the day, we are very constrained by the high compression ratio how hard we can push this. I have greater concerns after reading the Cycle World first ride where they were seeing intake temps of 239F on a pretty cool 60F day when pushing it hard. If the plenum is disappating heat like they claim, I don't think it is doing a great job. Maybe it is a case of something is better than nothing.

If I were to really tune this bike, first thing I'd want to do is an intercooler and lower the compression. It is seriously constrained by thermal loading and risk of detonation if you push it beyond stock. Look at what they did on the H2/H2R to see what you need to do if you want reliable power across all types of environments.

So what you suggest for the ecu reflash?

Just open throotle 100 and don't play with ignition advance a bit or extend the rev let's say 500+?

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 10:43:45 PM
I wouldn't touch ignition advance at all. I have no idea if there is some sort of knock sensor we can use to see and log. I would be very cautious with timing because of the high CR, no intercooler and always make sure I am running great fuel. In a way, Kawi sort of shafted us with this bike compared to the others. Last thing I wanted to see was a higher CR. I did like the dual sided swingarm as easier/cheaper to lengthen if I want to go that route.

I think the most gains will likely be letting the throttle open 100% (assuming it isn't) and let it rev. I think that is the safest approach once the ECU is cracked. Your weathre in Kiryat is pretty simillar to mine so your results are very relevant to what I might expect. We are a little hotter usually but your humidity is pretty close most of the time.

I am going to be really cautious pushing mine on a 100F/38C day. I think anyone just regearing the supercharger better be very cautious. I haven't looked at the cam timing to see what the effective compression ratio is. I am really trying to not get sucked into this motor like I have too many others but it keeps calling to me.

If I just wanted a 200HP streetbike, there are better options. I could have stayed with my original intent to buy the Ducati streetfighter V4 or even a 2020 1290 Super Duke. The thing that pushed me over the edge to the ZH2 was the hope that a reflash would get me to a solid 230-240HP at the wheel. That might have been optimisitic, but I am willing to wait. I just don't want to be the beta tester.

Online JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #18 on: August 21, 2020, 11:10:43 PM
I have greater concerns after reading the Cycle World first ride where they were seeing intake temps of 239F on a pretty cool 60F day when pushing it hard. If the plenum is disappating heat like they claim, I don't think it is doing a great job.

I read that review, and found that particular quip a bit unsettling. Sure he's supposed to be testing the machine, but
admittedly, the author said it was pushed to 10k for several miles. He was either doing 150mph (for several miles) or more likely in 4th (or 3rd) gear on the freeway riding it like he's trying to destroy it.. if it hadn't  survived this abuse, he would have pounced on the failure like a buzzard on a desert freeway carcass. Lets see this reviewer take his own bike and rev it to the moon instead of shifting. Or for that matter, take any bike near redline for several miles as a "test", let alone a supercharged one.. without an intercooler. I don't ever recall reading a bike review where the rider took it to redline for several miles for any reason.
Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:11:55 PM by JD
Life is short.. better ride fast

Online dunno

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 ZH2
  • Town / City: Irvine
Reply #19 on: August 22, 2020, 12:44:24 AM

If I just wanted a 200HP streetbike, there are better options. I could have stayed with my original intent to buy the Ducati streetfighter V4 or even a 2020 1290 Super Duke. The thing that pushed me over the edge to the ZH2 was the hope that a reflash would get me to a solid 230-240HP at the wheel. That might have been optimisitic, but I am willing to wait. I just don't want to be the beta tester.

It's funny, a 200 hp bike is just what I wanted and I don't think there was any better option for me... ZH2 way more comfortable than any sport bike, I found the Super Duke too cramped, haven't ridden a V4 Streetfighter but it looks fantastic, but also $8k more... plus way more to insure. It's weird, but the insurance on the ZH2 was a lot less than the other nakeds I looked at, over a grand less than an MT-10, couple grand less than the Streetfighter, I looked at the new Ninja 1000SX and over a grand less than the 124 hp Ninja... the insurance was the final straw in my decision
"That bike has too much power"... said no one ever