Author Topic: Installed DNA Preformance Air filer  (Read 9057 times)

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Kansas
Re: Installed DNA Preformance Air filer
Reply #30 on: August 23, 2020, 01:37:56 PM
Yes they do restrict air flow. Granted those are designed to catch shrapnel if the supercharger was to detonate. But honestly if that thing goes small fragments would still get into the motor.

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z-H2 2020
  • Town / City: Kiryat Ono
Reply #31 on: August 23, 2020, 01:41:28 PM
*Originally Posted by Ditch-Ninja [+]
Yes they do restrict air flow. Granted those are designed to catch shrapnel if the supercharger was to detonate. But honestly if that thing goes small fragments would still get into the motor.

So you suggest to take them off?
I can do that tomorrow at my tuning shop and I'll dyno as well after to see results...
Let me know from you experience what you think?

there is no problem if i leave the plastic oem velocity stack without the screen?

Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 02:12:33 PM by yav92

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #32 on: August 23, 2020, 02:28:00 PM
It may just show few i haven't dyno it like that. I'm still on a stock header since I ordered the full penta carbon from brocks. Well they haven't shipped them out yet.
I did make a few hits with no air filter, no screens (aka what we are talking about) and the removal of the exhaust end.

The biggest bolt on helper for my H2 was the intercooler.
Not only did it increase the power but it makes stable power in all conditions.

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
Reply #33 on: August 23, 2020, 02:30:20 PM
*Originally Posted by Ditch-Ninja [+]
It may just show few i haven't dyno it like that. I'm still on a stock header since I ordered the full penta carbon from brocks. Well they haven't shipped them out yet.
I did make a few hits with no air filter, no screens (aka what we are talking about) and the removal of the exhaust end.

The biggest bolt on helper for my H2 was the intercooler.
Not only did it increase the power but it makes stable power in all conditions.

where i can buy one for my ZH2? and how much its cost?

will the stock plastic with no screen will be ok and not break?

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #34 on: August 23, 2020, 02:35:18 PM
They are made by extreme creation i have been hounding them for one for the ZH2 the entire kit is $4000USD. It is billet aluminum so thats one reason for such a high price.

Here is the link you can hound them too. I know they are working on stuff for the Z H2 but like many others they need the ECU cracked to design and tune for their equipment.
 https://www.extremecreations.com.au/kawasaki-h2-intercooler-kit

Just like I had my motor originally scheduled for an overhaul by Adam's Performance this winter. Going see about modifying the heads and swapping the supercharger to that of the H2R design and push for a 340 to 350hp goal. Literally until that flash comes out going past bolt on equipment is pointless unless just pull the harness and wire up a H2 or H2 SX harness.
Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 02:54:18 PM by Ditch-Ninja

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
Reply #35 on: August 23, 2020, 03:05:59 PM
just talk with bearracing if i take screen off the stacks they will break because there is no support .. screen is support the plastic.

what you think?

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: JAX
Reply #36 on: August 23, 2020, 03:22:39 PM
Thanks Yav. Not a lot of room for an IC (intercooler) so options are going to be cheap. Obviously air to water would be the best option given the limited amount of space. That adds even more weight to a heavy bike but we still have the issue of the high compression ratio but not know what the dynamic compression ratio is, we are working with a number that doesn't really mean as much. Assuming the main thing that changed between the H2/H2R and the ZH2 was just the static compression ratio (meaning they didn't change valve timing or other things that would change the dynamic CR between the two versions), then we are going to be  very constrained on how much boost we can safely put to the motor.

The more I look at this, the more willing I am to wait and let a few other people blow up their motors and then learn from their mistakes. I just live in too hot of a climate to not worry about the thermal loads. I can't see being able to run a lot more boost without lowering the compression ratio. Maybe if something like water/alcohol injection to help control detonation and help cool the intake as well. If I have to dump 4-6k into the motor, I should just leave it a long and turbo a 'Busa. As much as I enjoy my Kawi, that would be a better use of my money. If I can get 230-240 reliably with a tune, filter and slip-on, then that is where I'll stop.

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
Reply #37 on: August 23, 2020, 03:26:26 PM
as i said i will just open 100 throttle ETV at start and leave ignition at stock for safe... i want to put power commander and autotune but i dont know if ZH2 is same connectors as H2SX?.. its diffrent ecu as well

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #38 on: August 23, 2020, 03:43:58 PM
Trying to find the original deal about them that went into detail. I don't want to say to pull it until you have all the info I did to make your own educated  decision on it.

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #39 on: August 23, 2020, 03:48:08 PM
*Originally Posted by yav92 [+]
as i said i will just open 100 throttle ETV at start and leave ignition at stock for safe... i want to put power commander and autotune but i dont know if ZH2 is same connectors as H2SX?.. its diffrent ecu as well

The Zh2 is a different plug and ecu. H2 and H2sx has the same ecu. The zh2 is different. You will start to see more of this or a new system on kawasakis. It kinda relates to the Kawasaki GP team having their ecu setting uploaded to the net. But I could be wrong sure is funny systems changed right after that leak.