Author Topic: Installed DNA Preformance Air filer  (Read 9063 times)

Offline yav92

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z-H2 2020
  • Town / City: Kiryat Ono
Re: Installed DNA Preformance Air filer
Reply #40 on: August 23, 2020, 03:56:44 PM
I know ecu is completely different but wonder if the power commander from h2sx will fit into zh2 harnesses

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Kansas
Reply #41 on: August 23, 2020, 03:57:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Wavshrdr [+]
Thanks Yav. Not a lot of room for an IC (intercooler) so options are going to be cheap. Obviously air to water would be the best option given the limited amount of space. That adds even more weight to a heavy bike but we still have the issue of the high compression ratio but not know what the dynamic compression ratio is, we are working with a number that doesn't really mean as much. Assuming the main thing that changed between the H2/H2R and the ZH2 was just the static compression ratio (meaning they didn't change valve timing or other things that would change the dynamic CR between the two versions), then we are going to be  very constrained on how much boost we can safely put to the motor.

The more I look at this, the more willing I am to wait and let a few other people blow up their motors and then learn from their mistakes. I just live in too hot of a climate to not worry about the thermal loads. I can't see being able to run a lot more boost without lowering the compression ratio. Maybe if something like water/alcohol injection to help control detonation and help cool the intake as well. If I have to dump 4-6k into the motor, I should just leave it a long and turbo a 'Busa. As much as I enjoy my Kawi, that would be a better use of my money. If I can get 230-240 reliably with a tune, filter and slip-on, then that is where I'll stop.

You could of picked up a Gen one busa for 2 ro 3 grand and had a 400hp boat for the price of the ZH2 to start. The thing is H2s all models are capable of 320hp safely and be taken on normal rides.

A busa at 400hp average horsepower of a turbo busa. Is the bike can't handle longevity. I mean shoot if you just want a mad power bike lots of promod 5sec bikes for sale out there for under 30grand.

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #42 on: August 23, 2020, 04:01:15 PM
But I want the genius book for the fastest naked bike. Not like the record holder now with a stripped busa.

I plan on crattering this motor a few times to be honest. I will have the fastest street legal naked bike even if I have to spray to detonation lol.

Make this like those over the top drag cars in Australia with turbos, supercharger and nitrous.
Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 04:03:09 PM by Ditch-Ninja

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #43 on: August 23, 2020, 04:07:07 PM
*Originally Posted by yav92 [+]
I know ecu is completely different but wonder if the power commander from h2sx will fit into zh2 harnesses

Power commander is more less a hack system to the ecu. So even if you made an adapter the power commanders coding isn't going to tab the ecu to tell it what to do.

Wish it was that simple.

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: JAX
Reply #44 on: August 23, 2020, 04:19:24 PM
@Yav - yes, I would leave the velocity stacks even if you remove the metal filter.

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 04:32:32 PM
Isn't the proper name for them backfire screens or am I thinking wrong just asking i can't remember the proper name for those screen to save my life.

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: JAX
Reply #46 on: August 23, 2020, 04:40:05 PM
Going back to an earlier comment, it might be better to just spray a small shot of nitrous than the intercooler. It would be a lot less expensive. It will cool the charge temps a lot more. I guess it all comes down on where you plan to run the bike hard. When the nitrous goes from liquid to gas, it will very rapidly cool everything around it. Outside air temps have less of an issue on the cooling efficiency compared to an actual intercooler. Nice looking design though by Extreme Creation.

Where Ditch Ninja is going, it looks to be recreating the H2 motor. Why not just buy a wrecked H2 and drop the motor in the Z? It might be far cheaper in the long run. The ZH2 clearly isn't as good of a platform to start with for modding the motor as the H2 is. Will be a lot of work to drop the CR. At a minimum you could try and do it with a specially made headgasket. Or better, but more expensive, would be custom pistons.

I'll pass with going down that rabbit hole. If it isn't basic bolt-on at this point, not worth the investment for me. I'll go to a Busa. It doesn't way that much more and you start with a much bigger motor. Sure it could be cool to tweak the Z but the cost vs reward ratio is heavily against. Being the pathfinder means it usually costs a lot more, breaks a lot more, and having my bike torn down more than I want to. I bought my bike to ride, not wrench on it all the time. Will be blad though to see what anyone decides to do to really tweak the Z.

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #47 on: August 23, 2020, 04:59:54 PM
Going back to an earlier comment, it might be better to just spray a small shot of nitrous than the intercooler. It would be a lot less expensive. It will cool the charge temps a lot more. I guess it all comes down on where you plan to run the bike hard. When the nitrous goes from liquid to gas, it will very rapidly cool everything around it. Outside air temps have less of an issue on the cooling efficiency compared to an actual intercooler. Nice looking design though by Extreme Creation.

Where Ditch Ninja is going, it looks to be recreating the H2 motor. Why not just buy a wrecked H2 and drop the motor in the Z? It might be far cheaper in the long run. The ZH2 clearly isn't as good of a platform to start with for modding the motor as the H2 is. Will be a lot of work to drop the CR. At a minimum you could try and do it with a specially made headgasket. Or better, but more expensive, would be custom pistons.

I'll pass with going down that rabbit hole. If it isn't basic bolt-on at this point, not worth the investment for me. I'll go to a Busa. It doesn't way that much more and you start with a much bigger motor. Sure it could be cool to tweak the Z but the cost vs reward ratio is heavily against. Being the pathfinder means it usually costs a lot more, breaks a lot more, and having my bike torn down more than I want to. I bought my bike to ride, not wrench on it all the time. Will be blad though to see what anyone decides to do to really tweak the Z.

Really I could just rip my H2s motor out and put it in the Z ecu harness tach and all. But whats the fun in that. Everyone has their own thing. Honestly you could just buy a Z1000 and turbo it and still end up cheaper then some mods people will do to the ZH2. Only thing that ticks me off is the aftermarket parts for ZH2 and h2 models in general is companies are pricing items high. Items that are cross compatible with other bikes are being re labeled ZH2 and marked up $100.

Like brock acting like his kickstand is different now and jacked the price up. Or acting like normal swing arm extensions aren't good enough you need his at the price of a full swing arm.

Now the guys turning the ZH2 into a cheap powerful touring bike is amazing. Getting H2 SX power on a different platform.

Granted now seeing the SX all over for sale for 17 to 16 grand. I want to have the entire H2 family. SX I would just flash use it as a daily.

Offline JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #48 on: August 23, 2020, 05:19:00 PM

The ZH2 clearly isn't as good of a platform to start with for modding the motor as the H2 is. Will be a lot of work to drop the CR.

You seem to have a great deal of experience modifying and tuning engines. What facts am I missing regarding the SX reaching 260WHP with an also high CR. are you expecting that this bike would sacrifice reliability?
Life is short.. better ride fast

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #49 on: August 23, 2020, 05:30:39 PM
*Originally Posted by JD [+]
You seem to have a great deal of experience modifying and tuning engines. What facts am I missing regarding the SX reaching 260WHP with an also high CR. are you expecting that this bike would sacrifice reliability?

I take it your talking about the Brock dyno run. Remember that was with MK12 race fuel and only few bolt ons and a flash. Your talking maybe 2grand in parts to get there.

@wavshrdr I'm not a fan of any spray in a stock airbox. But you are right little spray wouldn't hurt and you could just drill into the box and place a fitting. Technically the stock airbox would be fine it handles the compressed air from the supercharger. You would have stable power with out it bouncing around in hp due to weather conditions like it does now.
Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:41:24 PM by Ditch-Ninja

chaos