Author Topic: Swingarm extensions  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Z Man

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: Feasterville Trevose
Re: Swingarm extensions
Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 03:07:26 AM
"etc"...........longer chain, chain tool, lowering links for the rear suspension, adjustable side stand, .......expect some significant sticker shock after you add it all up!

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: JAX
Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 01:38:13 PM
Yeah, I did the math already. Wheelies though are the single biggest thing keeping me from enjoying the power of the ZH2. I have other bikes to carve corners with so if I give up some ability in that area with the Z I don't mind that much either.

Offline oldkawboy

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Maryville
Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 02:28:51 AM
*Originally Posted by Z Man [+]
So do you foresee getting your bike back this year?? Wow, even with owning and riding other bikes in your collection, only putting 500 miles on yours over 6 months ago has got to be tough in my opinion.

Hey Z Man, it is kinda tough but it's what I signed up for. I'd love to be out riding the bike
but Brock needs it, I only want it.
There's other companies out there needing a Z H2 for parts development but the bikes are hard to come by and if I went and got it I don't know if he could find another one for long term use and there's still more work to be done.
Nobody wants me to have it back more than him, that'd mean he was finished and could be selling more parts and finally be getting paid some for all of his time, expense and effort.
Over the years Brock has sponsored my boys and me in our racing, he's treated us very good. Besides, as good as my bike was when I left it with him it'll be much, much better when I pick it up so it's a good deal for me too.
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Z Man

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: Feasterville Trevose
Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 03:38:10 AM
Completely understood. Hang in there. I suppose Don still has your bikes ECU?

Offline SaltyStream

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z H2
  • Town / City: Roa
Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 02:26:41 AM
*Originally Posted by Zninjaduc [+]
Swingarm extensions are listed on brocks site for 379$. How much will these affect the handling in the twisties
This bike is not about twisties, but any swingarm extension on any bike will certainly not improve the handling.
But for winning the duels at the lights.. it is a must.
Stock any decent 600 sport bike will match the Z H2 from 0-60.
Unfortunately I must say  :003:

Offline oldkawboy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 03:52:00 AM
*Originally Posted by Z Man [+]
Completely understood. Hang in there. I suppose Don still has your bikes ECU?

Z Man, my bike still has its ECU, the one Don has is a spare one.
Dan

Offline Wavshrdr

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: JAX
Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 02:40:10 PM
@oldkawboy -Looks like I missed the discount window for the swingarm extensions.  Let me know if they run another one. If not, I'll look for other options.

Offline Ditch-Ninja

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: Kansas
Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 11:36:54 PM
I think alot of people forget all the other costs to extending bike speedo sensor rear brake line will need re done. I seen someone touched on it. Really once you drop all that money you are better off going with a longer full swing arm after market rear shock ect. I almost bet looking at 2grand or close to it with extensions and 3 for a full swing arm. Just a ruff guess.

Offline oldkawboy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 12:03:24 AM
Brock's video talks about the associated parts.
I've used extensions and extended arms over the years. A lot depends on what you're gonna do with the bike, most folks that race at the track a few times a year like extensions for the reduced cost and of course it's easier to swap them out than changing arms. I've really enjoyed riding my Z
In the twisties so for this bike I'll use extensions and swap them out when drag racing.
This bike is going to absolutely, positively be a hoot to drag race with a longer wheelbase and even more so when the ecu is figured out.
Dan

Offline BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Springfield
Reply #19 on: October 17, 2020, 04:48:35 AM
Just snagged up the 6 inch over extended steel brake line for the swingarm extension kit! I also ordered a 150 link gold 525 EK chain to accommodate the longer length. I will wait until Black Friday to see and cross my fingers if Brocks puts on some sort of sale... because well, his stuff is rather expensive.