Author Topic: PAIR block offs  (Read 769 times)

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Springfield
PAIR block offs
on: October 12, 2020, 03:32:41 AM
Figured I’d take a shot at the ole block off mod. I ordered this specific kit because it comes with the canceling plug. Reason we need the cancellation plug is because we can’t yet turn off the emission system through the ecu, so this should do the trick in the mean time! While I’m in there, I’m going to do the “free” bov sound mod. Since the air that gets recirculated from the bypass valve is not metered by the ecu, we can just remove the hose from the stock bypass gave hose so it will vent to atmosphere, yielding the “psssshhhhh” noise everyone spends hundreds of dollars for through other companies. I will just go find myself a blanking cap for the back of the air box to plug that off, then should be good to go! Will update when I dive into her!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252313112340

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
Re: PAIR block offs
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 05:48:01 AM
Took a few hours, and I swear they put this allll together OUTSIDE the bike before it goes in! What an absolute pain in the butt overall. I deleted the pair system, and also took and capped the hose from the blow off valve, so that’s now venting to atmosphere... cost zero dollars over the competition... just sayin. I would say if you’re going to do this project, be patient and take breaks.

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 03:40:49 AM
I finally finished the install. What a huge pain in the ass overall. The clearance to get those plates out is super small... can be done, just crack a cold snack and take your time. I also removed the bov recirculation hose... and it’s loud lol don’t bother buying that whole bov kit, there is no difference except an expensive piece of metal. If you want the “hisssssssss” on decel, just remove that little hose and you’re good... trust me.

Offline ZH2-38

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: T.
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 04:37:27 AM
Question... Dont you need to leave the sensor plugged in to avoid the engine light popping up?
Second place is the first LOSER....

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 12:59:40 PM
*Originally Posted by ZH2-38 [+]
Question... Dont you need to leave the sensor plugged in to avoid the engine light popping up?

Typically yes, however, if you look at that eBay link I sent in the first post, it has a cancellation plug that connects. It eliminates the code so we can pull everything out and not worry about a check engine light until the flash comes out. You can order almost any late model Kawasaki block off kit, as they have been using the same PAIR system since about 2012.

Offline ZH2-38

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: T.
Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 01:04:05 PM
Ahhh.. Ok. I actually didn't click on the link you left because I have a spare set of zx10r plates but the set I purchased doesn't come with the ais plug. Appreciate it
Second place is the first LOSER....

Offline SaltyStream

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z H2
  • Town / City: Roa
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 10:20:17 PM
Thanks for sharing!  :028:
Yes. This bike is not the easiest to work with regarding mods and add-ons.
I guess Kawasaki do not want any "fiddling" with the bike.  :015:

Online Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 11:43:39 PM
Definitely going to do the bov mod. Thanks

Online JD

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 11:54:28 PM
I think i May do it too Just pull the bov recirc hose and plug it eh?
Life is short.. better ride fast

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 03:55:55 AM
*Originally Posted by JD [+]
I think i May do it too Just pull the bov recirc hose and plug it eh?

Yup, that’s all you need to do! The port left on the back of the airbox is 1 inch. So just find something from an auto parts store and slide it over the port. The bov is loud... lol

chaos