Author Topic: Stretch and Lowering project  (Read 1981 times)

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Springfield
Stretch and Lowering project
on: October 18, 2020, 04:10:19 AM
BLUF: Itís not done yet, but Iíll be slowly ordering parts to have it completed in the next couple months!

I called Spiegler brake lines and they already have the specs in their system for stock length of the brake line. I ordered 6 inches over stock, stainless braided, coated in black to retain OEM look. They have tons of colors to choose from! The line comes preinstalled with all the necessary grommets that the bike came with, so thatís super awesome! All in all, it was 70 bucks shipped.

I also ordered an EK 150 525 gold link chain, which Iím told has plenty of length to accommodate a 6 inch stretch. This is their new ďzvx linkĒ chain... whatever that means, but advertisement shows like 30% longer life. Anyways, I ordered through Dennis Kirk because it was 20 bucks cheaper than ordering through Brocks. I like brocks, but man, does anyone else feel his prices are a little ďprimoĒ?

Lastly showed here, I did end up lowering the front to about the max I could before it hit the bottom of the handlebars. It ended up going about 1.25 ish inches. I canít say it really helped much because today it decided to pull a full 2 oíclock wheelie in 3rd on the highway at about 90. So needless to say, this stretch is a must...!

Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:17:43 AM by BTGendron

Online icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Milwaukie
Re: Stretch and Lowering project
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 05:10:03 AM
Well keep us updated on the progress. What are you going to do about the wheel sensor, not sure it will stretch 6".

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 05:24:08 AM
*Originally Posted by icancin2u2 [+]
Well keep us updated on the progress. What are you going to do about the wheel sensor, not sure it will stretch 6".

Brocks sells a 15 inch extended speed sensor cable for 70 dollars... another primo price for something I feel should be sub 50 bucks IMO

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 02:38:57 AM
Update. All completed and boy does she sit pretty AND it hooks beautifully. The front wheel is PLANTED at a 40mph hit in 1st gear. Absolutely love it!

Offline Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 04:55:59 AM
Lookin good

Online nelsonRzh2

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Redlands
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 08:30:39 AM
Looks awesome sir!! How did you get the supercharger letters red? Or did you buy it already painted?

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 11:29:27 PM
*Originally Posted by nelsonRzh2 [+]
Looks awesome sir!! How did you get the supercharger letters red? Or did you buy it already painted?

I taped it off and used brake caliper paint just sink into the letters. Quick and super easy.

Offline oldkawboy

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Maryville
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 10:03:13 PM
Looks fantastic!
Dan

Online nelsonRzh2

• ZH2 Member
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 12:56:12 AM
 :047: Thank you for info!!

Online nelsonRzh2

• ZH2 Member
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 03:34:44 PM
Hi, when you painted the super charged with the caliper and red paint. Did you spray it or with brush?
I got the paint but was wondering if you can spray and wipe off excess after masking and tapping off?Thank u!!