Author Topic: Things I donít like about the ZH2  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Greenmonster

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Bike: Zh2
  • Town / City: Isle of Wight
Things I donít like about the ZH2
on: October 25, 2020, 05:59:57 PM
Firstly the headlamp is like a candle it is useless
Secondly when ridden in the rain it sprays all of the road dirt and water up your back if you have a tail tidy fitted and also deposits a pile of road dirt on top of the small useless hugger and covers my newly fitted onhlins shock in a nice layer of road crud
Third is the chatter from the super charger thatís sounds like a loose plastic panel when pulling away and at certain revs and speeds.
Other than that itís a great bike  :)

Online JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Re: Things I donít like about the ZH2
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 01:12:00 AM
Most bikes with the "fender" removed will skunk stripe your back in the wet. There is a vertical adjustment for the headlight, if it's not illuminating the road very well it may be out a bit. I can barely hear the sc chirping that everyones talking about, but I cant hear s# anyway. MY beef is the low pegs and weight, but I'm working solutions for that!
Life is short.. better ride fast

Offline Z Man

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: Feasterville Trevose
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 04:45:29 AM
I realize in England you have a lot more wet days than most of us here in the states. I have over 1700 miles on mine and have not ridden in the rain yet and I make sure I'm not going to be riding if the weather report states there is a good chance of it raining. I also almost never ride at night so I can't say how good the headlight works when dark.
The fact that my bike has a "tail tidy" does allow small stones and road debris to end up sitting on my seat and on top of my rear fender.
The display menu is MUCH too complicated for me so once I (finally) found how I wanted it, I have left it alone.

Offline Jmbrenner

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: PACIFiC NW
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 07:13:28 PM
Hey, speak for yourself...London averages approximately 106 rainy days each year and receives a total of 22.976 inches (583.6 millimeters) of precipitation annually.  Portland experiences average annual precipitation of 36" (914.4mm) with heavy rainfall between November and February!

As for the headlight...The low beam is OK, not stellar, but not bad for LEDs and definitely usable - the high-beams are silly.

And as for the chirping from the supercharger....that's a selling point for me - I love it.

Greetings from the now soggy NW.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.

Offline icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Milwaukie
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 02:29:52 PM
I agree with Jmbrenner! Is rainy here! Have a picture from the other day I was riding home:

It was dang cold too!! Still it was a great ride anyway.

Online JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 11:14:03 PM
Oh and by the way to the OP I am in 100% agreement about the useless hugger. Hopefully when the aftermarket catches up with us it will bring a more effective carbon fiber unit.
Life is short.. better ride fast

Recent Topics

chaos