Author Topic: 2020 ZH2 for sale US ONLY  (Read 483 times)

Offline Z Man

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: Feasterville Trevose
2020 ZH2 for sale US ONLY
on: November 04, 2020, 03:39:46 AM
1742 miles. over $1100 in accessories. Ad in Cycle Trader and Craig's list Philadelphia,PA  $15,750

Offline ufo

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: MAGENTA
Re: 2020 ZH2 for sale US ONLY
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 01:32:42 AM
May I ask why u r selling?

Online JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 02:04:42 AM
That's a private discussion, this thread is for interested buyers! :028:
Life is short.. better ride fast

Offline Z Man

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 02:08:37 AM
My old Buick Regal (1994) is on it's very last leg. It no longer has a proper functioning transmission and I just can't justify sinking any more money into an almost 27 year old car. I'm 65 and need a nice car for a change instead of the old cars I've been driving for the last 20 + years.
I still have a Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird that needs to be worked on, so I still will have a nice bike if I can get it painted and all back together.

Online JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 03:00:55 PM
Ok I stand corrected Good luck on selling!
Life is short.. better ride fast

Offline wallycycle

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Murrieta
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 02:06:31 AM
Did your bike sell? I don't see it on the Craigslist?

Offline Z Man

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 05:03:14 AM
Actually, I didn't think it would sell this time of year. Just wanted to "test the waters." Have to check on Craig's listing to see if it's still there. Some dealerships selling new ones for less than mine ( before all dealer add ons). I'll probably relist it come this Spring and put it mostly back to stock , drop the asking price and sell the aftermarket items separately on ebay.
Gonna be tough with the Covid sh#t affecting sales.

Steve

Offline wallycycle

• ZH2 Junior Member
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 02:46:23 PM
*Originally Posted by Z Man [+]
Actually, I didn't think it would sell this time of year. Just wanted to "test the waters." Have to check on Craig's listing to see if it's still there. Some dealerships selling new ones for less than mine ( before all dealer add ons). I'll probably relist it come this Spring and put it mostly back to stock , drop the asking price and sell the aftermarket items separately on ebay.
Gonna be tough with the Covid sh#t affecting sales.

Steve

Steve, you may be surprised how many m/c buyers lurk on nationwide Craigslists, especially during the Winter months. I know I do. When I bought my Z H2 a few weeks ago here in SoCal, there were only three dealers between the Mexican border and Santa Barbara that had stock. Yes, I've contacted some of those dealers back East and in the Mid-West that advertise the bike around $15K, but as you said they then jack it up and you're negotiating from a much higher price.

Anyway, maybe you'll fall in love with your bike again over the Winter and if not, good luck with the sale. 

ATB,

Walter

Offline Z Man

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 04:51:07 PM
Basically I tested the supercharged waters and came away feeling a lot less impressed than I thought. Oh well, isn't the first time for a scenario such as that.
Decided to purchase a nice retro, back to basics Z900RS Cafe. Going for the 2021 model in gray pearl. I found I don't need, use or want all the options available on the ZH2 like power modes, wheelie control, day/night screen display option, lean angle indicator, throttle indicator, quick shifter, etc.
Even though the Cafe has a couple of these the overall bike reminds me of my second bike which was my first serious bike and my fist Kawasaki, a new 1977 KZ1000.
Although not even remotely close to the same power output as the ZH2, it's modest 109 hp and 72 ft. lbs. of torque engine is a lot more than my '77 KZ which had 83 hp.

Offline wallycycle

• ZH2 Junior Member
Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 01:51:07 AM
*Originally Posted by Z Man [+]
Basically I tested the supercharged waters and came away feeling a lot less impressed than I thought. Oh well, isn't the first time for a scenario such as that.
Decided to purchase a nice retro, back to basics Z900RS Cafe. Going for the 2021 model in gray pearl. I found I don't need, use or want all the options available on the ZH2 like power modes, wheelie control, day/night screen display option, lean angle indicator, throttle indicator, quick shifter, etc.
Even though the Cafe has a couple of these the overall bike reminds me of my second bike which was my first serious bike and my fist Kawasaki, a new 1977 KZ1000.
Although not even remotely close to the same power output as the ZH2, it's modest 109 hp and 72 ft. lbs. of torque engine is a lot more than my '77 KZ which had 83 hp.

Hey, what a coincidence. I bought a 2018 Z900RS Cafe (Lime Green) back in 2019. The guy had it for one year and only put 120 miles on it. Still can't figure that one out. But anyway, it's turned out to be one of my favorite bikes. Awesome motor with low down grunt, great sound out of the air-box and after tweaking the suspension adjusters, great handling. The throttle was a bit abrupt/twitchy, especially off idle. But a flash and a G2 throttle tamer fixed that. When I ride it, I don't miss the electronic "magic"; ride modes, TFT display, cruise etc... It just works! You'll love the bike but you're buying the wrong color!

Enjoy!

Recent Topics

chaos