Author Topic: Florida Man Buys ZH2  (Read 170 times)

excel and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online excel

• ZH2 Member
Florida Man Buys ZH2
on: November 12, 2020, 06:51:18 PM
Hey all!

Recently sold my 890R and having done a stint with the current gen R1, ZX10R, FZ10 etc I was looking to try something different.

Found this ZH2 locally for a great deal. Initial thoughts were slow handling but entertaining power. Found the suspension had been dialed soft and the tires were low on air. Set the suspension to factory spec, aired up, and it rides much better! Like a proper sportbike, just a bit heavier.

I plan to do a trackday on it soon and expect to run 3-4 seconds off my normal pace, but I can already tell itís gonna be a hoot.

Look forward to interacting with yíall and putting on the miles!

Online JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Re: Florida Man Buys ZH2
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 07:09:48 PM
Welcome to the club! ZH2 is definitely built for the street, but Iím tracking mine at COTA on the 28th of this month. I donít have a normal pace, so thereís no comparison, but i bet it will be a hoot as well! Iíve been getting pretty froggy on the twistys so i figure i should take it somewhere and really stretch itís legs. Post up your experience with it, Iím certainly having a blast on mine.
Life is short.. better ride fast

Offline RedRock

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: Upper Caldecote
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 07:39:30 PM
 :400: to the site enjoy you bike and looking forward to a track day report.

Offline Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 09:14:16 PM
Congratulations on your zh2 and welcome to the forum. Heard nothing but praise for the ktm 890r, curious why you sold it

Online excel

• ZH2 Member
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 09:28:42 PM
*Originally Posted by Zninjaduc [+]
Congratulations on your zh2 and welcome to the forum. Heard nothing but praise for the ktm 890r, curious why you sold it
The 890 is the best handling bike Iíve ever owned. Top shelf brakes, great suspension, light, and great power everywhere. What I didnít like was KTM missing the message that fluids should stay inside the motor. Coolant leak from T-stat, oil from behind the sprocket, oil from some random seals such as shift knuckle and oil sight glass. Also the tail light burned out and the QS has required a power cycle to work again.

I would have looked past all of those problems but parts support from KTM has been a nightmare. Backordered revised parts with no ETA... doesnít help they say warranty will cover it if they donít have the parts to replace the faulty ones! The bike on paper and in the real world is fabulous when it works. I was just fed up with the typical euro bike treatment.

Offline ratman111

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Pyrbaum
Reply #5 on: Today at 03:38:33 PM
Have fun and always a good trip with the ZH2.
Greetings from Germany. :400:

Recent Topics

chaos