Author Topic: Z H2 Track Day  (Read 1139 times)

Online excel

• ZH2 Member
Z H2 Track Day
on: November 24, 2020, 06:32:54 PM
Did a track day at Jennings GP. Overall an entertaining ride, but the biggest thing this bike needs is ground clearance (rearsets) followed by an improved shock.

Video:
Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 06:33:41 PM by excel

Online wallycycle

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Murrieta
Re: Z H2 Track Day
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 09:55:33 PM
That looks like fun!!

Thanks for sharing

Offline RedRock

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: Upper Caldecote
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 10:49:13 PM
 :762:

Looks like you were enjoying that.

Offline JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 11:08:21 PM
You beat me to it. I have one Saturday in Austin with 65% chance of rain :172: :172: :172:

.. just went and watched the video fNg awesome dude. The bike sounds phenomenal inhaling those bikes on the straight both times. it says a little something about the Z if not your riding ability.
I was jealous of your dry track..
Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 11:17:42 PM by JD
Life is short.. better ride fast

Offline Jmbrenner

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: PACIFiC NW
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 01:20:18 AM
Awesome!  :762:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.

Online excel

• ZH2 Member
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 04:35:10 AM
Heh thanks guys. It was an awesome experience.

Offline AlexItaly

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: teramo
Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 09:24:56 AM
Ride a bike on track is always an exciting experience! For the ground clearance, I'm very close to install some modified adjustable pegs. I'll show you the final result very soon. Unfortunately I did not find yet an aftermarket pair of pegs, so I had to work a little on something else.

Online excel

• ZH2 Member
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 01:42:11 PM
*Originally Posted by AlexItaly [+]
Ride a bike on track is always an exciting experience! For the ground clearance, I'm very close to install some modified adjustable pegs. I'll show you the final result very soon. Unfortunately I did not find yet an aftermarket pair of pegs, so I had to work a little on something else.

Please do share! Iíve been reaching out to companies to inquire about future offerings but so far there have been no plans.

Iíve also wondered if aftermarket H2SX rearsets will fit. I know frame is different from ours but possibly the rearset holes line up?

Offline AlexItaly

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: teramo
Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 03:24:19 PM
@Excel: A picture is worth a thousand words, in this case a website link. It was easy, I purchased the following on Amazon, https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07S8PKPNL/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the link to the italian page, should be easy to find the US one.
As you can see, the kit is composed by a new foldable support. The support is holed, and threaded on the hole a small connecting rod links the support to the peg.
So remove the original ones and install these ones. I had to grind just a few the supports, to have the original pin fitting perfectly.
Once done, I adjusted the pegs to the highest position, but I measured the distance from the ground adn saw I did not gain pretty anything. But the solution was there: I waiting a friend having a machining workshop, to fabricate a new longer connecting rod. I made a trial by a wooden connecting rod, to have better idea on new dimensions. Definitive metal parts should be ready within this weeks, but Covid is complicating even simplest things. As soon as I have it ready, I'll post pictures.

Offline JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 01:32:51 PM
*Originally Posted by JD [+]
You beat me to it. I have one Saturday in Austin with 65% chance of rain :172: :172: :172:
...make that 100%   :067:
Life is short.. better ride fast