Author Topic: New footpegs  (Read 455 times)

Online AlexItaly

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: teramo
New footpegs
on: December 03, 2020, 09:39:02 AM
Here the solution I've found to avoid scratching the footpegs...

The footpegs are a little sharp, so I guess I'll replace them with aftermarket ones, like the Rizoma PRO Pe 614 model.

Offline excel

• ZH2 Member
Re: New footpegs
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 02:18:10 PM
I like this a lot!! What keeps them from rotating, are there “pins” that set its position?

These are the same pegs you linked from amazon and then had a longer bracket made, right? How much to sell me a set?  :152:

Also- is there enough adjustment in the shifter and brake pedal to accommodate the higher pegs?
Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:26:18 PM by excel

Online AlexItaly

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: teramo
Re: New footpegs
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 02:45:27 PM
Yes sir, that's correct, they are the same, from Amazon. As you can see, where the black paint is gone, is where I had to grind, just a few. Then I have replaced the original rod by a new longer one. Is the steel colored, in the pictures. Finally I have cut the footpegs, but I have exaggerated, that's why they are a little sharp.
The original ones, from Amazon, they have a short pin to avoid rotation, but I have preferred a "technicality": on the right footpeg, the thread is left-hand, while on the left footpeg, the thread is right-hand. So once adjusted, well tight, with two drops of medium thread locker, the more you "push" with feet the more they tight.
About the pedals, yes there's enough adjustment, unless you like Harley-Davidson feeling:I mean that I do prefer to "touch" with the point of the feet both brake and gearshift pedals.