Author Topic: Rear sprocket.  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Bigal

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: ZH2
  • Town / City: Arizona
Re: Rear sprocket.
Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 11:53:07 PM
Check out gearingcommander.com
All the info you could want to make gearing decisions. They have ZH2 gearing.

Offline SaltyStream

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z H2
  • Town / City: Roa
Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:33 AM
*Originally Posted by RedRock [+]
So, that means this mod will give the bike more m.p.h. per 1000 r.p.m.   Does anyone know  how many m.p.h. per 1000 r.p.m. the standard gearing will give?

I use a spreadsheet for all my bikes I have owned. After putting in the relevant numbers from the bike spec.
You can play around on the following site:
https://www.gearingcommander.com/

Online icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Milwaukie
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 12:12:05 PM
*Originally Posted by Hacsimoto [+]
I wonder if with this 44t sprocket, the 6th gear will reach the maximum speed? Is the maximum available top speed increasing?

Has anyone measured it with a gps?

As stated by others, go to gearing commander, that said, the bike will always reach maximum speed if you have enough road and intestinal fortitude. But if you mean maximum indicated speed of our speedometers (300kph or 186mph), then you will need some combination of +3 in front & -3 in rear (well there are lots of combinations, theoretical) and because of speedometer inaccuracies we will reach top speed of speedo before we hit actual 186mph, so gearing commander uses GPS speed not indicated. For example, lets assume you wanted to set up the bike to do 200mph (actual). 20/40, 20/41, 21/42, 21/43, 22/44, 22/45, 23/46, and 23/47. I say there are theoretical combinations you could put in, however, there is a size limit on the front sprocket and there gets a point when the rear is too small for it to work as well. Plug in some numbers on the custom line, then scroll down to the table, you can see how I got these numbers. It is fun to play with the numbers just to see what would happen, plus if you change the gear indicator you can see the maximum speed for any gear with any combination. Truly a fantastic tool!!

chaos