Author Topic: Exup valve removal, servo buddy questions  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Bigal

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: ZH2
  • Town / City: Arizona
Exup valve removal, servo buddy questions
on: January 19, 2021, 06:39:23 PM
Has anyone removed the exhaust servo and cables? Is there a servo buddy plug? Any changes in the operation of the bike?

Offline Hacsimoto

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: zh2 ,crf1000l,mt10
  • Town / City: Tolnanémedi
Re: Exup valve removal, servo buddy questions
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 09:42:29 AM
This is interesting. I don't have an exup valve. I have a place, but it's not in it. But at least I don't have to remove it.

Offline Bigal

• ZH2 Member
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 12:29:51 AM
Looks like there's a servo buddy for our bikes here in the US from several companies.
Will need one if you put on a full exhaust system I would think to keep dash from coding an error.

Offline ZH2-38

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: T.
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:44:19 PM
Based on the excessive weight and broad power output of this bike, I just removed the cables and left the servo in. The few extra ounces of the servo isn't gunna hurt a damn thing
Second place is the first LOSER....

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Springfield
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 02:59:13 PM
*Originally Posted by ZH2-38 [+]
Based on the excessive weight and broad power output of this bike, I just removed the cables and left the servo in. The few extra ounces of the servo isn't gunna hurt a damn thing

Where did the cables end up going? In the zx10, you can see the servo motor itself and where the cables attach. This bike, they seem to just disappear into oblivion and I have no idea where they go!

Offline Bigal

• ZH2 Member
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 09:56:03 PM
Where exactly is the servo motor? Did you just disconnect cables at the valve itself?

Offline ZH2-38

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: T.
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 05:27:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Bigal [+]
Where exactly is the servo motor? Did you just disconnect cables at the valve itself?

I removed the cables a while ago and haven't been around my bike in months but its just in front of the battery. Cant remember if it can be accessed without removing the tank because, at the time, I actually had the bike in pieces while swapping out the exhaust. I removed the cables from the servo, fished them down and removed the other ends from the exhaust.
Second place is the first LOSER....

Online BTGendron

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Springfield
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 05:33:13 PM
I removed the cables a while ago and haven't been around my bike in months but its just in front of the battery. Cant remember if it can be accessed without removing the tank because, at the time, I actually had the bike in pieces while swapping out the exhaust. I removed the cables from the servo, fished them down and removed the other ends from the exhaust.

Well dang. I’ve had the tank off a few times and didn’t see anything that looks like the servo. I just figured it was pure quantum mechanics and just “worked” lol I need to find this damn thing haha

Offline Mr.Krinkle

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Virginia
Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 12:35:20 AM
Will a slip on require removal of the valve? Looking at the sc project and Austin racing. Just need to know what all to order for when I take delivery

Online dunno

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 ZH2
  • Town / City: Irvine
Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 01:28:01 AM
*Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle [+]
Will a slip on require removal of the valve? Looking at the sc project and Austin racing. Just need to know what all to order for when I take delivery

I don’t think it matters, I have the small akro pipe on mine and didn’t touch the valve no issues
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 01:32:11 AM by dunno
"That bike has too much power"... said no one ever

chaos