Author Topic: Just been away for my first O/N trip on the Z H2  (Read 492 times)

Offline Philthy

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Lost in transit
Just been away for my first O/N trip on the Z H2
on: April 20, 2021, 11:32:11 AM
Who says you cant tour on a naked bike? Not me, thats for sure.

I've had naked bikes for 15 odd years and think they make great tourers, comfy and most provide enough wind protection for "cruising velocity" when you get used to it

Anyway, the opportunity arose last week for a sneaky mid week get away with some very rapid riding buddies so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take the Z H2 on its first overnight trip. Door to door I did 1002.5k's in the 1 and 3/4 days.

Bike performed flawlessly apart from the rear shock crying enough on some fast bumpy sections, the K-Tech DDS is only a week or so away so that problem will be solved. The OE tyres performed pretty well but I will be getting some M9RR's fitted as soon as the Rosso III's are toasted, which wont be long now.

Was good to be able to ride the bike as it was intended on some nice open sweepers and was really impressed with the top gear acceleration at silly speeds :152:

Ventura rack did its job and luggage was carried with ease, weather was perfect, bike was awesome, company was great and we had some great feeds along the way.

Cant wait to do it again after the shock gets fitted.

Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 11:52:44 AM by Philthy
Phil
2021 Z H2
2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro KRT

Offline wallycycle

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Murrieta
Re: Just been away for my first O/N trip on the Z H2
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 06:28:25 PM
Hard to beat a road trip with friends. Great photos.

Agree, one doesn't need a Gold Wing, GS, RT type bike to have fun touring. As long as the ergonomics suits you, any bike will work. A few years ago I did a 5200 mile/3 week road trip on my WR250R and it was a blast. I just stayed off the Interstates and the slower pace was conducive to "smelling the roses".

Offline JD

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2 CRF KXF YZF XRM
  • Town / City: Dallas TX
Re: Just been away for my first O/N trip on the Z H2
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 04:20:28 PM
*Originally Posted by wallycycle [+]
the slower pace was conducive to "smelling the roses".
It appears someone in the group took to "watering" them as well :158:
Life is short.. better ride fast

chaos