Author Topic: Tyre puncture plugs  (Read 668 times)

Offline Traph

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Tyre puncture plugs
on: May 10, 2021, 08:57:17 AM
Around a week after picking up my bike I had a puncture although minor and it got me home before deflating fully IT WAS A SCREW AROUND AN 1/8 IN DIAM BUT DAMN IT WAS 3 INCHES LONG...

I have always used string rubber plugs and they never failed contrary to the belief of many that they are just temporary I can testify that they are permanent as I have used them many times before and without glue...the trick is not to make the insersion hole too wide and to force the string in as with heat it also melts into the rubber...as I use the black strings they virtualy wear with the tyre and I have now travelled around 9500kms without replacing the tyre and pressure stays pretty much constant as if there was no plug in the tyre...

Depending on the size of the hole will depend on how permanent they can become...
Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:58:44 AM by Traph

Offline Melitash

• ZH2 Member
Re: Tyre puncture plugs
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 10:20:48 AM
9500kms with the same tyre?

I agree, I've used plugs many times and never changed the tyre earlier than I needed to.

Offline Traph

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 10:25:58 AM
Yes mate just ticked 10000kms, surprisingly tyres are great so far...

Offline nelsonRzh2

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Redlands
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 09:11:34 PM
Thank you for feed back. I Had a small nail and I used a plug kit with no issues. Iíve used them on my cars too with no uses. 👍👏😊

chaos