Author Topic: Rear Rack  (Read 3119 times)

Online Philthy

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Lost in transit
Re: Rear Rack
Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 11:47:16 PM
Fitted my Ventura rack last night, need a bit of re-engineering due to my tail tidy and how it is attached. Luckily my mate does metal fabrication so we were able to adapt the under arm or crossbar part and it fits perfect.

I will now look into getting the other rack, the ER30 and one of the bags that suit it, they do not sit up as high so will look better.

Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:49:07 PM by Philthy
Phil
2021 Z H2
2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro KRT

Online Philthy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #31 on: March 23, 2021, 01:53:09 AM
I decided to stump up the additional $ and get the Evo rack too, will look better for most of the riding I do where I won't need massive luggage space and will also benefit when I go on weeklong trips. The Evo 12 bag will slip onto the pack rack as well as the Aero Bag giving more capacity as well as looking far better on the Evo rack that the high pack rack.

Very happy with the result.

Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 01:53:49 AM by Philthy
Phil
2021 Z H2
2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro KRT

Offline wallycycle

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Murrieta
Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 02:11:56 AM
*Originally Posted by Philthy [+]
I decided to stump up the additional $ and get the Evo rack too, will look better for most of the riding I do where I won't need massive luggage space and will also benefit when I go on weeklong trips. The Evo 12 bag will slip onto the pack rack as well as the Aero Bag giving more capacity as well as looking far better on the Evo rack that the high pack rack.

Very happy with the result.

Looks good!

I had an existing Ventura rear rack from a bike I sold several years ago and lucked out that the spacing matched the Z H2 L-Arms. I don't know if this is your first Ventura system, but I can attest to their long term use without issue. My wife has the L-arms / rear rack with a top box mounted on it on her K7 Fireblade as I do on my K6 Gixxer 1000. 20,000+ miles and I've never had to even tighten any of the bolts and nothing has rusted despite having been ridden not infrequently in rain.

Curious; I see on your Z900RS, you don't have any racks. If you intend in the future to add luggage capacity, I can highly recommend the Hepco-Becker C-Bow / Alu Rack with Orbit panniers/top box which I have mounted on my Cafe.

Online Philthy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #33 on: March 23, 2021, 02:16:58 AM
*Originally Posted by wallycycle [+]
Looks good!

I had an existing Ventura rear rack from a bike I sold several years ago and lucked out that the spacing matched the Z H2 L-Arms. I don't know if this is your first Ventura system, but I can attest to their long term use without issue. My wife has the L-arms / rear rack with a top box mounted on it on her K7 Fireblade as I do on my K6 Gixxer 1000. 20,000+ miles and I've never had to even tighten any of the bolts and nothing has rusted despite having been ridden not infrequently in rain.

Curious; I see on your Z900RS, you don't have any racks. If you intend in the future to add luggage capacity, I can highly recommend the Hepco-Becker C-Bow / Alu Rack with Orbit panniers/top box which I have mounted on my Cafe.

Yeh, I have had them on pretty much every bike I have owned for the last 25+ years, the z900RS is the first that I have been "rack free" on, IMHO I don't need massive capacity and it looks better without it.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:17:54 AM by Philthy
Phil
2021 Z H2
2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro KRT