Author Topic: Carbon fiber  (Read 1120 times)

Online Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Carbon fiber
on: July 28, 2021, 07:44:46 PM
Ok searching for carbon fiber.some parts are on EBay from China with fiberglass backing. Motocomposites also has carbon fiber with or without fiberglass backing.without the fiberglass backing it is priced higher. Their products are made in china.

Offline AlexItaly

• ZH2 Pro
  • Town / City: teramo
Re: Carbon fiber
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 08:49:19 PM
Yes, me too I've had a look on these products by Motocomposites. They look awesome...but I didn't know they were manufactured in China. Any feedback on the quality?
I was thinking to upgrade, time by time (looong time), all the fairing with carbon fiber parts: whole bike completely dressed by carbon fiber, no logos, no colours...should be very aggressive!

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
*Originally Posted by AlexItaly [+]
Yes, me too I've had a look on these products by Motocomposites. They look awesome...but I didn't know they were manufactured in China. Any feedback on the quality?
I was thinking to upgrade, time by time (looong time), all the fairing with carbon fiber parts: whole bike completely dressed by carbon fiber, no logos, no colours...should be very aggressive!

Hey guys, do you 2 happen to be running the SE model? (The one with the lower green covers on the engine). If so and you do replace all your fairings, if you would like to sell these lower covers I would be interested in buying. Keep me in mind if you doÖÖ..I want to change my black engine covers to the green ones but Kawasaki didnít release the SE model in Aus and I canít find anywhere to buy them.

Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 12:19:58 AM by Garron

Online Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 04:45:03 AM
I have the black engine covers.

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 06:05:59 AM

*Originally Posted by Zninjaduc [+]
I have the black engine covers.
:028: No worries. If you happen to hear of anyone who wants to sell some green ones, send them my way.

Online ZEEEE_H2

• ZH2 Member
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 05:39:55 AM
I bought some side tank panels in full CF from motocomposite about a month ago and should be shipping here soon. I'm also going to give hydro dipping a go and see if it somewhat matches real CF. If it does I'm doing the tire hugger and chain guard.. save the extra cash for some SC gears.

Online Zninjaduc

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 03:44:25 PM
I am waiting on the full carbon fiber engine covers. Should be here in hopefully 3 more weeks. If they are real nice then I will get some more of their products

Online ZEEEE_H2

• ZH2 Member
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 06:52:22 AM
Honestly the plastic parts are light enough that the CF replacements are basically for aesthetics only, which is why I'm doing the rest with hydro graphics unless it ends up looking off. Talking about CF, does anyone know who makes CF wheels for the ZH2 that isn't BST? I'm not saying they're bad, I just would like to know if there are other options in the market.

chaos