Author Topic: Oil Pressure Relief Valve - Recall  (Read 4728 times)

Marmarharhar and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Big_Zed

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: Oil Pressure Relief Valve - Recall
Reply #50 on: September 13, 2021, 11:10:28 AM
*Originally Posted by Wanderer [+]
This is the sort of thing I seem to get, dunno why mechanics/Techs can't do things rite, its not that hard...
Good you found and fixed without the need to go back to the dealer...

Not good!! Where have you been taking your bikes!!??
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

Online Wanderer

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Hamilton
Reply #51 on: September 13, 2021, 11:51:47 AM
*Originally Posted by Big_Zed [+]
Hey Wanderer, check out the link in the post above yours, it shows the radiator is to be removed and all bolts to be replaced as well. Iím yet to put mine in but letís hope the dealers do it right!!
Cheers,

Hi Big_Zed, thanks for the welcome, and for the info here, just started reading the 30 pages from the link you referred me to, thanks for that...
Rite now I am even having second thoughts as to going ahead with the purchase, my track history with workshops is long and BAD, and I don't want to buy a new expensive bike, only to have it pulled to bits and marked before I even get to take her home, good to see the factory list taking apart properly, question is will the dealer do that...
The bike is still in the crate, at Kawasaki NZ, So I assume it will need this recall done, its a 2021 SE, as I mentioned, aware of only 2 come into NZ at this point, 35k, 4k more than the non se @ 31k, so not a cheep bike, but I feel if I can get one, and stretch the budget I guess I should go for it...
Any words of wisdom most welcome from the members... Cheers.

Online stanger1

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2021 Kawasaki ZH2 SE
  • Town / City: kc
Reply #52 on: September 13, 2021, 12:13:43 PM
Even with all this BS, and hopefully no more Recalls, I still really enjoy this bike.
I took my time, removed the Radiator so I had clear access to the Exhaust Manifold. Cleared the ports of old grease they used to hold the Copper Gaskets, even if one was missing.
I don't see how you could get access without removing the Radiator.
All nuts are now torqued, new Maxima Radiator fluid, good to go.

Online linkdead

• ZH2 Member
Reply #53 on: September 13, 2021, 01:36:50 PM
I was able to do this without removing the radiator.  I just removed the bottom radiator bracket and pushed it gently forward to get the exhaust out. 

This was also my main concern with taking this into a dealer to get done, as I have an intercooler.  I asked and the dealer said any additional service caused by the intercooler I would have to pay for. 

Offline Jamied

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: North Jersey
Reply #54 on: September 13, 2021, 10:32:39 PM
Linkdead,
  Sorry to hear that, some dealers are better than others, I was able to complete the recall within three hours I work part time for a Kawasaki dealer so I had the benefit of doing it myself. I cannot imagine the cost that will be incurred by mechanics that make careless mistakes, let alone the impact it has on customers. The owner and I have this discussion quite often, it is very difficult to find good technicians, ones that take pride in their work, and love the sport. Although you shouldn't have had to do the repair yourself I'm glad to hear that you were able to and you know it's done correctly
Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:38:25 PM by Jamied

Offline Tamzed1

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Glasgow EPW
Reply #55 on: September 13, 2021, 11:16:37 PM
On exhaust, I've had mine off and back on at least 4 times, just remove bottom radiator bracket for a little bit of movement, can get in with small ratchet n socket, I don't have any gaskets 🤷‍♂️, this was also the case with my last 2015 Z1000 no exhaust gaskets.

Offline Big_Zed

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Reply #56 on: September 14, 2021, 11:18:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Wanderer [+]
Hi Big_Zed, thanks for the welcome, and for the info here, just started reading the 30 pages from the link you referred me to, thanks for that...
Rite now I am even having second thoughts as to going ahead with the purchase, my track history with workshops is long and BAD, and I don't want to buy a new expensive bike, only to have it pulled to bits and marked before I even get to take her home, good to see the factory list taking apart properly, question is will the dealer do that...
The bike is still in the crate, at Kawasaki NZ, So I assume it will need this recall done, its a 2021 SE, as I mentioned, aware of only 2 come into NZ at this point, 35k, 4k more than the non se @ 31k, so not a cheep bike, but I feel if I can get one, and stretch the budget I guess I should go for it...
Any words of wisdom most welcome from the members... Cheers.

Hey Wanderer,
That document written for the dealers states they are obliged to perform the recall before the hand over. I think with this being the case, if indeed that bike needs it done, you will get a good opportunity to inspect prior to purchasing and to discuss it with them first. I am sure anyone else looking at the bike would be researching and know about the recall as well.
I reckon that price difference between the 2 bikes is enough to justify it, especially considering a lot of people are swapping out the shock alone for between $1500- $2500 NZD. A Nitron R3 is AUD $1730 atm... so in NZD terms, that's half the cost of the upgrade which includes the Stylema Calipers coupled with Brembo master, and front fork upgrade; makes it worth it to me... there is a recent review on You tube by Bike World. He rates it so take a look. I think the bigger problem is the price of the base/ original model in NZ. In Australia, the standard bike is AUD 25,500, ride away. On an FX rate conversion only, you are paying the equivalent to AUD$27.5k.... But.... I am sure you won't regret buying one! Good Luck with the decision!
Cheers,
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

Offline TSloper

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2021 Z H2 SE
  • Town / City: Sorrento, FL
Reply #57 on: September 16, 2021, 12:48:17 AM
I had the recall done today. The Kawasaki dealer in Eustis, FL did an awesome job. I rarely let anyone else work on my stuff as Iím very detail oriented but I have zero complaints. You wouldnít know it was touched.

Dropped off at 10 and got a call at 2 it was ready. I put 90 minutes of ride time on it after work to check for leaksÖ bone dry.

Tim
Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 12:48:53 AM by TSloper

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Reply #58 on: September 16, 2021, 01:03:16 AM
Just returned from dropping mine off at the dealer this morning to get done. I gave them a friendly dig that I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb after I pick it up.  :038: I donít expect any issue as though as they generally do a good job with servicing.

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Reply #59 on: September 16, 2021, 08:08:17 AM
Picked up my bike early this afternoon. Apart from a few smudge prints on the upper panels (which annoys me) everything looks to be ok. No leaks, no drips.

chaos