Author Topic: SLR Tuning ZH2 ECU Flash  (Read 5031 times)

scool, cyonix, Wanderer, ZH2SE_SOCAL, nelsonRzh2 and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online TSloper

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2021 Z H2 SE
  • Town / City: Sorrento, FL
Re: SLR Tuning ZH2 ECU Flash
Reply #90 on: September 12, 2021, 04:23:09 PM
I put 125 miles on yesterday with the SLR tune.   Had a number of blasts through 3rd and 4th. Spent about 30 minutes in the rain. Not a single issue. Hanging on is the challenge. :)
Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 04:23:42 PM by TSloper

Online nelsonRzh2

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Redlands
Reply #91 on: September 12, 2021, 04:28:30 PM
Awesome!! Likewise I have to hang on and itís ver addicting!!🚀🚀🚀🚀😳😊👍 SLR Frankie Rocks!!!🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀😊

Online linkdead

• ZH2 Member
Reply #92 on: September 12, 2021, 08:38:10 PM
Is the stock o2 sensor disabled?

Offline Jamied

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: North Jersey
Reply #93 on: September 12, 2021, 09:05:40 PM
No, not that I know of. And this makes sense, if you have access to all the fuel tables you can adjust the open loop to what you want, say .83 lambda or 12.2 afr for pure gas, and in the closed loop the stock O2 will adjust short term fuel trims, and long term fuel trims will be stored in the ECU making the system more accurate as you ride. If your turning off the O2 sensors then your tuning the FI like a carb or alpha-n 1st gen 1998 fuel injection system. The only reason I see to turn off O2 is if your using leaded race fuel because the O2 sensors fail, OR you need to run richer then 14.7 afr at idle/ low loads. With these modern Kawasaki engines the combustion chambers are designed to run efficiently, 14.7 for at idle and low loads works well and do no harm. An example is the new Honda CBR1000RR-R SP cylinder head, it makes peak torque at rather lean afr ratios.
Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 09:22:51 PM by Jamied

Online linkdead

• ZH2 Member
Reply #94 on: September 12, 2021, 09:43:15 PM
The stock o2 sensor is narrowband, it can only detect the specific AFR it is spec for.  It is useless if you are modifying the map. 

Offline Jamied

• ZH2 Member
Reply #95 on: September 12, 2021, 09:57:27 PM
You are correct, the stock O2 sensors are narrow band and in the closed loop/ low loads those tables are controlled or monitored to maintain .99 lambda or there abouts, when it go's richer or leaner than that this it is adjusted in what is short term fuel trim, If the ECU sees a constant correction in the short term fuel trim it places that correction in the long term fuel trim the correction takes place over the full map. For instance if you're using E15 ethanol fuel you will need to correct for more fuel, if you switch back to pure gas you will need to correct for less fuel. Here is a screen shot of a lambda table for reference. Everything in red is closed loop. When modifying a map you would change the open loop high load high rpm, high throttle tables. The purple is open loop in this example.

Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 10:01:15 PM by Jamied

Offline Jamied

• ZH2 Member
Reply #96 on: September 12, 2021, 10:08:41 PM
One of these courses can give an excellent background on tuning, although this is Ford specific it will apply to most fuel injections systems and how the ECU interfaces with engine operation.

Offline RobBroadbent

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Mandurah
Reply #97 on: September 14, 2021, 08:19:09 PM
Yav nobody in Australia has been able to crack into my 2020 h2 to flash tune it for me i am a novice when it comes to understanding ecu codes are the codes universal and will they suit my ecu so i can get into my ecu

Offline Jamied

• ZH2 Member
Reply #98 on: September 14, 2021, 11:15:11 PM
RobBroadbent,
   I'm sure you can reach out to SLR Tuning to re-map the ECU, I get stuff from Australia shipped to the US, just takes time to get here. Maybe SLR can ship to you.

Online leblev

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Gilbert
Reply #99 on: September 15, 2021, 11:19:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Bullfrog z h [+]
I'm set up for this coming Thursday 9-16 for my Dyno Run
Anything to report??? Dying to see the numbers.

Same for Jamie: have you put yours on the dyno yet?

chaos