Author Topic: New member, soon to be owner  (Read 932 times)

Offline Wanderer

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Hamilton
New member, soon to be owner
on: September 11, 2021, 11:18:15 AM
Hi ZH2 Lovers from the land of the long white cloud  :002:, New Zealand for those who don't know that saying...

Have been Lurking here for a little while, awesome forum and group, Lots of good information.
Had a 2018 BMW S1000R, which I loved, but sold, and regretted ever since, so started looking at naked ltr bikes again, and that led me to fall in love with the new Beast, grew up in the era of H1, H2, and Z1, owning and riding as a teen in that era, riding and some racing, I feel I have Z in my blood, sooo looking forward to getting my new H2 SE beginning of October, 3 weeks and counting.

Pics to come... Cheers W

Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 11:20:45 AM by Wanderer

Offline Big_Zed

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: New member, soon to be owner
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 11:13:37 AM
Welcome aboard mate! Very jealous that you can get the SE in NZ! Look forward to hearing about your experiences once you pick her up!!
Cheers,
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

Offline Wanderer

• ZH2 Member
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 12:00:26 PM
*Originally Posted by Big_Zed [+]
Welcome aboard mate! Very jealous that you can get the SE in NZ! Look forward to hearing about your experiences once you pick her up!!
Cheers,

Thanks mate,  Surprised you guys haven't got or had the SE there, I did hear some rubbish about Oz riders not taking to the skyhook tech yet, but surly the option should be there, the base model does give you the option to put a good rear shock in, and I assume with the electronic shock if one felt the need to change it would be a problem, as it was on my BMW S1000R.
Your in Sydney, so no riding at the moment with heavy lockdown.???

Offline Big_Zed

• ZH2 Member
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 10:50:14 PM
*Originally Posted by Wanderer [+]
Thanks mate,  Surprised you guys haven't got or had the SE there, I did hear some rubbish about Oz riders not taking to the skyhook tech yet, but surly the option should be there, the base model does give you the option to put a good rear shock in, and I assume with the electronic shock if one felt the need to change it would be a problem, as it was on my BMW S1000R.
Your in Sydney, so no riding at the moment with heavy lockdown.???
Yeah, Kawa claim that Australians haven't warmed to electronic suspension enough to warrant bringing it here. As an example, you can still get a brand new 2018 ZX10R SE from the dealer network. They have 2 they haven't sold despite being greatly discounted. Which is odd really give that that generation was actually said to be better than the Ohlins EC 2.0 at the time... also the number of BMW's getting sold here would suggest there is an appetite for it... Yeah, I'm locked down but not in one of the 12 areas of concern so getting out on my 45- 60Km rides to break in the bike within my 5km radius!! LOL, good for breaks and gear changes and not as tempting to go above the recommended revs so not all bad!!  :008: But no have the recall to get done and that is out of area but with the letter from dealership is ok to go out of area to get done.... I am sure when you get yours you will love it and wont regret it!
Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:51:12 PM by Big_Zed
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

Offline Wanderer

• ZH2 Member
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 08:57:24 AM
Big_Zed, thanks for the info and sharing, always good to share ideas and opinions, and support one another, maybe Kawasaki Oz will move with the times and bring in the other models with time, though that maybe won't help those who have already bought, such as yourself... I see your also a new owner, and in the running in phase at the moment as you mentioned, good your able to get out some, and local rides arn't all bad, did much the same when we have been in full lockdown, only allowed out for certain things, but able to make a bit of a run around the block for 50 od kms when doing a trip to the DR or shop :)
See we have similar taste to, Thunderace, blue/black 1997, RZ 350, 1/4 fairing, 1983 ish, and you had/have a Ninja 1000SX, another bike I was considering, have you traded that into the ZH2.?  I am currently running around on a Honda Africa Twin, 1000 DCT, Semi automatic/touchtronic, and love that, so will put the ZH2 next to that in the shed, also a 400 Ninja...
I'm following what people are doing to there rides with interest, though not to shure how much I feel I will need to do, a exhaust can, a fan of Pyramid plastics UK fend and hugger extenders, comfort seat, a little bigger screen, currently thinking the Puig from Spain, available from Pyramid UK, A radiator screen,Healtech thunder box power distribution, plus there new USB power port, a seat cowl, and quad lock phone mount, radar, and Tom Tom sat nav, that's about my current list...
Looking at any up coming options for luggage, though I do have Kriega US20/US10 in my current kit. And backpack options...
Ever time I come on this site I find new stuff to look at, most interesting  :001:
Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:59:56 AM by Wanderer

Offline Big_Zed

• ZH2 Member
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 10:31:15 PM
Yeah, this forum is great and plenty of mods to look at here for sure. I've done a radguard and just waiting for an Akra to arrive which I have on order.... I have also changed the rear pegs to R&G Hanger and block off plate. I use Krieger soft luggage as well but also have a Nelson Rigg small Tail Bag that fits on nicely and doesn't touch the rear side panels paintwork so I leave that on for convenience. I'm undecided on what to do regarding a screen as even compared to the Ninja (with adjustable screen), the air feels smoother and less buffety on the Z, although I haven't done a long ride yet.
I sold my Ninja 1000 just the other day to help pay for this but loved all the bikes I have had. Regret selling the RZ and as much as I loved the Thunderace, after the Ninja and this, it was comparatively underpowered and definitely not as well set up from a geometry view point. New bikes are just so much more complaint in handling. I couldn't imagine 200hp in an Thunderace frame...  I hear Hinda are going to drop that Africa twin, or variant of, into a N1K style tourer as well to get into that space again which would be interesting.. but not Supercharged!!  :008:  Sound like you've decided to go ahead with getting the SE now???
Cheers,
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

Offline Wanderer

• ZH2 Member
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 09:35:35 AM
Big_Zed, Yea still yet to firm up on this purchase, just working through a couple life things and aim to get into the dealer next week and sort, will have a discussion with the workshop service manager re the recall work, and see if we can all get on the same page, fingers crossed...
Which Akra have you ordered.? A long time fan of the brand, had on many bikes since the late 90s, awesome stuff...
Bike handling has come a long way, I still remember the 70s, H1 widow maker 500 two stroke, rubber frames, poor shocks, and naff all brakes, H2, a little better, but also faster, and then the Z1, felt like a king when I got that, brand new and a 19yo.
I had a 50km test ride on a second hand 2020 ZH2, with 14k on her clock, and the closest thing I ridden to the two strokes from back then, the way the power pushes and the short time to such crazy velocity, Friggin Awesome  :001:

Offline Wanderer

• ZH2 Member
Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 03:10:01 AM
Hi guys, question, What is the owners manual running in process, I did a search, but never got an answer, and don't have a bike or manual yet... Cheers

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 10:23:54 AM
*Originally Posted by Wanderer [+]
Hi guys, question, What is the owners manual running in process, I did a search, but never got an answer, and don't have a bike or manual yet... Cheers

Offline Wanderer

• ZH2 Member
Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 12:08:33 PM
Thank you Garron... :763:   The first 350km will be the hardest and boring part then...