Author Topic: Paint Protection Kit  (Read 837 times)

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Re: Paint Protection Kit
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2021, 10:24:14 PM
*Originally Posted by KwackerZH2 [+]
Here's some Pics took earlier today  :038:

Bottom pic shows Speedo Angel display protection anti glare  :018:
:062: Looks great Kwacker. How hard was it to apply? It obviously conforms pretty easily to all the contours etc.? What about the badges on the back of the bike, does the film go over them? If you misplace it when applying is it easy to pull up and re-apply?

Offline KwackerZH2

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: ZH2
  • Town / City: Teesside
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 12:40:22 AM
It's quite difficult around the contours especially when u have to line up the bolt fixing areas and U need to stretch it to line up but U can't overstretch or it will mark the film when applying use plenty of water with a touch of detergent U also spray your finger tips B4 working with the film to prevent finger prints spray the area B4 applying and also the film it is possible to reapply the film using the spray bottle it also recommends using a spray bottle with Deionised Water to rinse detergent from any problematic edges when sticking down need do it inside in a well lit environment I bought a couple of 5Ft led Battens to brighten up my shed  :082: Main thing is not to rush it and take your time company takes about 2 hrs to do a bike  :005: took me 2 days  :161: The film is cut out for the badges it is also impossible to get it to cover the decals without getting a slight edge where the film will not completely stick down not a problem if they were lacquered.

Here's the irony went out on the bike today tractor coming towards me with a shower of Mud and sh :172: t flying off it's wheels big blob stuck to the River Mark Badge washed it off it's damaged the badge  :232:  26 or do U think it would look ok in satin black  :261:

Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:00:11 AM by KwackerZH2

Offline Wanderer

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Hamilton
Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 07:33:42 AM
Kwacker, what is it with new stuff, we seem to attract drama/damage, for me, I'd be getting a new Badge, but then I'm a bit Anal/OCD  :019: Hopefully the panel was not damaged...

Offline Garron

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 09:26:48 AM
*Originally Posted by KwackerZH2 [+]
It's quite difficult around the contours especially when u have to line up the bolt fixing areas and U need to stretch it to line up but U can't overstretch or it will mark the film when applying use plenty of water with a touch of detergent U also spray your finger tips B4 working with the film to prevent finger prints spray the area B4 applying and also the film it is possible to reapply the film using the spray bottle it also recommends using a spray bottle with Deionised Water to rinse detergent from any problematic edges when sticking down need do it inside in a well lit environment I bought a couple of 5Ft led Battens to brighten up my shed  :082: Main thing is not to rush it and take your time company takes about 2 hrs to do a bike  :005: took me 2 days  :161: The film is cut out for the badges it is also impossible to get it to cover the decals without getting a slight edge where the film will not completely stick down not a problem if they were lacquered.

Here's the irony went out on the bike today tractor coming towards me with a shower of Mud and sh :172: t flying off it's wheels big blob stuck to the River Mark Badge washed it off it's damaged the badge  :232:  26 or do U think it would look ok in satin black  :261:
You have far more patience than me.  :034: Looks great though.

chaos