Author Topic: Soon to be H2 owner with a few questions  (Read 944 times)

Offline p38wannabe

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Bonham
Soon to be H2 owner with a few questions
on: October 21, 2021, 08:00:33 PM
Hello all, I am picking up my 2021 Z H2 SE this Saturday and have a few questions after reading in the forum.

First, could someone post settings to do "safe baby wheelies" I am talking about the wheel just barely coming off the ground and keeping it there, from what I have seen, Normal Mode, TC 2 or 3, and 2nd or 3rd gear roll-ons will do the trick but some confirmation would be nice.

Second, with the advanced suspension of the SE model, would the bike still benefit from a steering damper, has anyone done so?

Thanks

Offline Traph

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: ZH2
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Re: Soon to be H2 owner with a few questions
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 01:12:44 AM
There is plenty info regarding wheelie control with a simple search of the forum, dependent on your abilities I would start in rider mode with power at full, with TC at 3 and work from there...

In regards to a damper, in my opinion this bike and any bike for that matter always benefits from installing a damper...

Offline p38wannabe

• ZH2 Junior Member
Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 03:51:52 AM
Thanks

Offline TSloper

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: 2021 Z H2 SE
  • Town / City: Sorrento, FL
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 01:57:12 PM
I never ran with TC at setting 3 but setting 2 will still allow for mild power wheelies in gears 1-3. I took the approach of getting used to the acceleration/power wheelies one gear at a time. Start in 6th and work your way down as you get more comfortable. Eventually you’ll get used to it even with TC at 1. The electronics will keep you out of trouble with TC on under dry conditions. Keep that front wheel pointing straight when you come down.

I have the SE and put the Brock’s damper on. The bike should have come with one in my opinion. The Brock’s unit is excellent.

Don’t do an unrestricted tune until you are very comfortable with the stock power. It takes things to an entirely different level. Brock wasn’t joking in his latest video.

Offline p38wannabe

• ZH2 Junior Member
Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 05:33:44 PM
I saw his video, it is bonkers! I tried to order his steering damper but it is not even listed anymore, bummer.

I wonder if the supply chain issues have anything to do with it.

Thanks for the tips, will take it easy for sure. I used to own a Yamaha V-Max and looking forward to the Kawi.

Offline p38wannabe

• ZH2 Junior Member
Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 05:44:09 PM
just as a follow-up, I called Brocks performance and they said that they are not able to get them at the moment. He also said, the one they used to offer only has been tested with the regular Z H2 model and that they don't know if one is needed with the SE suspension, he basically said install it at your own risk. Interesting ...

Offline TSloper

• ZH2 Member
Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 06:37:28 PM
No issues on the SE.

Offline p38wannabe

• ZH2 Junior Member
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 04:53:14 AM
Any opinions on an extended warranty  on the Z H2, I don't see many folks complaining here concerning problems.

Offline TSloper

• ZH2 Member
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 04:01:06 PM
I did the four year Kawasaki warranty. If it was naturally aspirated I wouldn’t have but given it’s forced induction it was cheap insurance.

Offline cyonix

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Manchester NH
Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 03:43:50 PM
I went with 4 year extended (5 total) It was $1400 or so. 
I know Japanese bikes are a cut above the Italians but based on my ducati I wasn't about to get stuck with a bike in the shop every few months again.  The Duc was awful, 3 maintenance claims and 7 recalls in 2 years.  They even sending recalls after I sold the bike lol.