Author Topic: Kawasaki Comfort seat  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Daisy

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: waurn ponds
Kawasaki Comfort seat
on: April 27, 2020, 12:54:59 AM
Gday All,

Just seeing if anyone has purchased the Kawasaki comfort seat? If so is it worth it? Can you provide a side by side picture to show off the different profile?
https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/accessories/motorcycle/sport-super-sport-accessories/comfort-seat-front/

Thanks in advance for any comments... :821:

Online icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Milwaukie
Re: Kawasaki Comfort seat
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 02:41:30 AM
Got mine coming. Dealer mix-up, so it is being shipped gratuitous. When it gets here, I'll post some photos and a review. Of course, based on prior bikes prior years, I have a low expectation of it.
Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:42:16 AM by icancin2u2

Offline Daisy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:49:10 AM
Will be interested to see if it raises you higher and flattens out the seat. I hope so... I personally prefer a flat seat compared to one that cups you. I feel I can move around and find the sweet spot better.

Online icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 09:35:33 AM
*Originally Posted by Daisy [+]
Will be interested to see if it raises you higher and flattens out the seat. I hope so... I personally prefer a flat seat compared to one that cups you. I feel I can move around and find the sweet spot better.

Agreed, flat is more comfortable, but not so dang hard. My last seat was like that. Numbness and pain and  :019:

Offline Daisy

• ZH2 Member
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 09:43:09 AM
Let's be honest I can't see myself getting much more than 200kms out of a tank of juice on this thing. A good time to have a stretch anyway.

Online icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 10:46:20 AM
*Originally Posted by Daisy [+]
Let's be honest I can't see myself getting much more than 200kms out of a tank of juice on this thing. A good time to have a stretch anyway.

I agree as is. But, if (and that's a BIG IF) I were able to be comfortable, even though I might stop and get off, I would want to get back on. As is, I get off and I am looking suspiciously at the bike, "are you going to continue to hurt me?" I thought after my last bike I couldn't hate a seat more, but this one I do.

As far as mileage, I can go about 240-250 kms. But, that's just puttering about because I am trying to behave myself. I think once I really start opening her up, she'll guzzle through where I'd be lucky to get 200 kms.

Offline Atheos

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z H2
  • Town / City: Umeň
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 08:27:46 PM
Got the comfort seat on mine. Haven't had the chance to try it out on a longer ride yet. But my impression so far is that it helps a lot comfort wise and it does elevate your riding position about 1 inch. I'll try and take some pictures.

Offline RebelZ

• ZH2 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 04:38:31 PM
Just installed comfort seat last night as well. Definitely a lot better than the factory seat. Also weighed it out of curiosity. Weighs exactly 1/2oz more than the factory seat. Which was pretty surprising. Figured it would add a lot more.

Online icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 04:42:08 PM
*Originally Posted by RebelZ [+]
Just installed comfort seat last night as well. Definitely a lot better than the factory seat. Also weighed it out of curiosity. Weighs exactly 1/2oz more than the factory seat. Which was pretty surprising. Figured it would add a lot more.

Hadn't considered that, interesting, though foam doesn't weigh much and there isn't that much more of it. But, cool to know. Thanks for that!

Offline Atheos

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z H2
  • Town / City: Umeň
Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 03:02:50 PM
Here's a couple of side by side pictures. 👍🏻Last pic just to show that the cover is the same.