Author Topic: Rad Guard  (Read 6181 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#30

Offline Big_Zed

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #30 on: July 29, 2021, 09:45:37 AM
*Originally Posted by Philthy [+]
I bit the bullet and ordered the Radguard version today, they had a discount on offer and I am hoping I'll be picking my new 2021 model Z H2 up next week. :152:
Hi Philthy, is this the one you bought? Any photo's? www.radguard.com.au/products/kawasaki-z-h2-2020-2021-radiator-guard.html
Any photo's shared yet?
Cheers
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

#31

Offline Mark2_2

  • ZH2 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: au
  • Town / City: Mackay
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 11:10:09 AM
Hey Mate I put one on mine fits perfectly Ill try to upload now see if it works for me

#32

Offline Big_Zed

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 12:05:45 PM
Very nice, thanks.
That looks the goods aye!
About to order a 2021 tomorrow and looking at goodies already!!

Cheers
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

#33

Offline repsol3

  • ZH2 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: au
  • Bike: ZH2
  • Town / City: Rutherglen
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 11:18:50 PM
*Originally Posted by Zrider101 [+]
Has anyone found a rad guard that fits?
Does anyone know if the rad is the same on H2 or H2 SX?
Really want to get a rad guard on the bike, the rad is huge a just waiting for a rock to hit it!
i have had a rad guard fitted fits perfect
hi

#34

Offline Philthy

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Country: au
  • Town / City: Lost in transit
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 11:56:44 PM
*Originally Posted by Big_Zed [+]
Hi Philthy, is this the one you bought? Any photo's? www.radguard.com.au/products/kawasaki-z-h2-2020-2021-radiator-guard.html
Any photo's shared yet?
Cheers

Yes, I got the rad guard.

I fitted it and had the tyre rub issue mentioned earlier. What you need to do it bend the guard so that it sits as close as possible to the radiator in the middle (behind the tyre) at the bottom. This will require some manipulation of both the mounting bracket on the guard and the fixing point on the bike. I did speak to the guy from Radguard about it but not sure if they have made any modification to the guard. I also note that in the fitting instructions they do say that some adjustment will be required.

Have not had any rubbing issues since  :028:

Phil
2021 Z H2
2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro KRT

#35

Offline Garron

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
  • Country: au
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Victoria
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #35 on: July 30, 2021, 12:51:13 AM
*Originally Posted by Big_Zed [+]
Very nice, thanks.
That looks the goods aye!
About to order a 2021 tomorrow and looking at goodies already!!

Cheers
Hey Big_Zed, there’s plenty of ‘goodies’ available out there for the bike. First thing on my list was to replace that big ass exhaust with a quality slip on. If you want to turn heads, replace the OEM blow off valve with one that vents to atmosphere……everyone will know the bike it supercharged!

#36

Offline Big_Zed

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #36 on: July 30, 2021, 10:37:19 AM
*Originally Posted by Garron [+]
Hey Big_Zed, there’s plenty of ‘goodies’ available out there for the bike. First thing on my list was to replace that big ass exhaust with a quality slip on. If you want to turn heads, replace the OEM blow off valve with one that vents to atmosphere……everyone will know the bike it supercharged!

hahaha, when the honeymoon period is over in a year or two, I'll check that out!!
Cheers
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

#37

Offline Big_Zed

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #37 on: July 30, 2021, 10:41:08 AM
*Originally Posted by Philthy [+]
Yes, I got the rad guard.

I fitted it and had the tyre rub issue mentioned earlier. What you need to do it bend the guard so that it sits as close as possible to the radiator in the middle (behind the tyre) at the bottom. This will require some manipulation of both the mounting bracket on the guard and the fixing point on the bike. I did speak to the guy from Radguard about it but not sure if they have made any modification to the guard. I also note that in the fitting instructions they do say that some adjustment will be required.

Have not had any rubbing issues since  :028:

Cheers Philthy, the bike gets delivered next week from the dealer and will need to then get the Radguard on her. I'll touch base with them first regarding the wheel rub and if they've modified the design in the last little while.

2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

#38

Offline Big_Zed

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Country: au
  • Bike: 2021 ZH2
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #38 on: August 05, 2021, 09:23:46 AM
Fitted the Rad Guard today and found it was a great fit - very nice indeed and looks like it is part of the bike. The only issue being that I couldn't put the collared washer back thought the without drilling the hole in the guard out wider to accommodate it. Because it is powder coated, I just slipped the bolt through without it but happy with the result.  Having tech issues but I'll post a pic shortly!






Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 10:15:27 AM by Big_Zed
2021 ZH2
2017 Ninja 1000 ABS
1997 YZF 1000 - ThunderAce
1996 YZF600 - ThunderCat
1983 RZ 250

#39

Offline Philthy

  • ZH2 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Country: au
  • Town / City: Lost in transit
Re: Rad Guard
Reply #39 on: August 05, 2021, 11:16:41 AM
nice  :028: How much gap between radiator and guard at the bottom in the middle?
Phil
2021 Z H2
2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro KRT

 



chaos