Author Topic: Rear shock options.  (Read 8358 times)

Offline Swampass

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Va
Re: Rear shock options.
Reply #60 on: January 20, 2021, 12:26:58 AM
*Originally Posted by Philthy [+]
I am pushing K-Tech to offer an option for the Z H2, I have full K-Tech front and rear on my z900RS and really like how it feels.

I had a ktech rear shock on my z900 and really liked it

Offline excel

• ZH2 Member
Reply #61 on: January 20, 2021, 01:05:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Swampass [+]

Iím going on week 9.  Still no shock.
Similar story here.. ordered end of November.

Online icancin2u2

• ZH2 Pro
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: Milwaukie
Reply #62 on: January 22, 2021, 12:14:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Swampass [+]

Iím going on week 9.  Still no shock.

Ugh, I am only at 4.5 weeks. Dang it!! Feel free to post when you do receive yours.

Offline ZH2-38

• ZH2 Member
  • Bike: Z H2
  • Town / City: T.
Reply #63 on: January 22, 2021, 01:37:38 PM
My nitron shock took so long to arrive that I had actually forgotten that I'd ordered it. I believe it showed up 15 weeks after I'd placed my order
Second place is the first LOSER....

Offline Swampass

• ZH2 Member
Reply #64 on: January 22, 2021, 03:25:02 PM
Mine is stuck in the USPS somewhere.  Still.  I waited a few months for the shock and the US distributor thought the USPS was the best option for shipping.   They are one state over from me.  It was shipped on the 11th of January.  Fed ex and UPS have been a day late at the worst.   

Offline Swampass

• ZH2 Member
Reply #65 on: January 25, 2021, 08:57:57 PM
Arrived and installed.  Took a little less than an hour.  Itís was pretty easy.

Some tips. Break all the bolts loose with the bike sitting on the ground before jacking it up.   I jacked the bike up from the riderís foot peg mount using an automotive jack and the kickstand as a pivot point.    I realize thatís probably sketchy to a lot of folks but if it fell, it affects only ME.  Since itís my bike.  I use a rubber coated puck with a cleat that does a good job of locking in behind the foot peg mount.  Jack the bike up with the rear wheel touching just enough to unweight the shock.
Remove the rear reservoir and let it hang.   You get more room to fish out the top shock bolt.
Remove the slip on exhaust and back out the rear catalytic converter mounted.  Itís an Allen head just ahead of the rear shock lower bolt.  The bolt cannot be extracted because it hits the cat.  ďNudgingĒ the catalyst will allow you to get the bolt out.   Maybe you will get lucky with the bolt.  I was nit.  After you get both bolts out jack the bike up a little more and pull the rear shock out from the rear of the bike.  New shock goes in same way.  I installed my shock with the pressure line on the chain side.  I did it back ways and with the line exiting on the rear brake side I felt the excess line may contact things like the tire or rub the swing arm. 
When reinstalling the bottom bolt, I snaked it through the opposite way to I didnít have to mess with the catalyst agains. 

It went together logically.  My z900 rear shock took a few hours.  This was much easier.   Itís starting to sleet outside so I only rode it around my block to make sure nothing was contacting anything.   All good!

Offline excel

• ZH2 Member
Reply #66 on: January 25, 2021, 10:11:02 PM
Thanks for the detailed writeup! How long did yours take to arrive?

Offline Swampass

• ZH2 Member
Reply #67 on: January 25, 2021, 10:16:40 PM
Ordered 11/9

Factor in holidays, Covid-19, and the USPS being a total poop show.  My 2 day USPS shipment left Kentucky January 11th and arrived one state to the right 14 days later.

Online nelsonRzh2

• ZH2 Member
  • Town / City: Redlands
Reply #68 on: January 27, 2021, 09:38:24 PM
I live in California and I've tried getting in contact via phone and email but nobody responds. Does anyone have the contact for Nitron suspension.  I like the Nitron shock it as also has good reviews.  Please let me now how you ordered yours.  Thank you

Offline excel

• ZH2 Member
Reply #69 on: January 27, 2021, 09:49:09 PM
*Originally Posted by nelsonRzh2 [+]
I live in California and I've tried getting in contact via phone and email but nobody responds. Does anyone have the contact for Nitron suspension.  I like the Nitron shock it as also has good reviews.  Please let me now how you ordered yours.  Thank you
PMíd