Author Michelin pr5/6 vs Metzler m9rr  (Read 672 times)

• Online Joe1   gb

• ZH2 Member  ‐    11
    • Topic Author

Online Joe1

• ZH2 Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: ZH2 SE
    • Town / City: Skipton
    Michelin pr5/6 vs Metzler m9rr
    on: August 20, 2022, 06:09:13 pm
    August 20, 2022, 06:09:13 pm
    I was wondering if anyone has tried both of the above? I am not a fan of the original rosso,s that come with my ZH2SE as the back end keeps going in corners at not too great a lean angle and I have read in previous threads other people have experienced this too. I have tried dropping the tyre pressures a bit but feel like I need to try something else. I have used Michelin PR 3,s and 4,s with great success  for many years but have heard good reviews of the M9RR as well. the tyre needs to work well from cold or warm up fast, but also not square off quickly. your thoughts please ?

• Online Vern666   gb

• ZH2 Member  ‐    10

Online Vern666

• ZH2 Member
    • Town / City: Larbert
    Re: Michelin pr5/6 vs Metzler m9rr
    Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 08:20:42 pm
    August 20, 2022, 08:20:42 pm
    Hey Joe, I've just fitted the m9rr today, I ran Dunlop sportmax mutants but fancied the Metzler's.The mutants are a great tyre as well, quick warm up and feel grippy enough, I done some trackdays on them. Good in the rain as well. The m9s get excellent reviews
    Tyres are getting pretty expensive in the UK.

• Offline Traph   au

• ZH2 Pro  ‐    312

Offline Traph

• ZH2 Pro
    • Bike: Z250, Z1, Z900, ZH2
    • Town / City: Melbourne
    Re: Michelin pr5/6 vs Metzler m9rr
    Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 01:44:42 am
    August 21, 2022, 01:44:42 am
    *Originally Posted by Joe1 [+]
    I was wondering if anyone has tried both of the above? I am not a fan of the original rosso,s that come with my ZH2SE as the back end keeps going in corners at not too great a lean angle and I have read in previous threads other people have experienced this too. I have tried dropping the tyre pressures a bit but feel like I need to try something else. I have used Michelin PR 3,s and 4,s with great success  for many years but have heard good reviews of the M9RR as well. the tyre needs to work well from cold or warm up fast, but also not square off quickly. your thoughts please ?

I had mich rd 5 fitted to my z900 which I found to be very grippy but the only prob was they picked up almost every pebble on the road...

I now as of 12000kms+ ago fitted the diablo rosso 4 and swear by them even after so much milage and they are well priced but it all depends on your riding style...Never had an issue with rosso 3s as standard even in the wet...

chaos